All Microdermabrasion treatments at Harmony Skin and Wellness Clinic use the state-of-the-art DiamondTome™ Skin Resurfacing System. Microdermabrasion is an exfoliation procedure that helps stimulate skin renewal. It works by using a controlled vacuum and fine aluminum oxide crystals to gently clear away dead and sun damaged skin cells. Your skin is left refreshed and polished.
Combining the beauty of a facial and Microderm all in one. Our custom facial combined with Microderm creates the experience of deeper exfoliation and helps our anti-aging products penetrate even deeper into your skin.
Combining the benefits of both a microderm and an aesthetic grade peel for a deeper more refreshed treatment.
- Acne Scars
- Fine Lines
- Large Pores
- Poor Skin Texture
- Uneven Skin Tones
What Areas Can Be Treated?
Microdermabrasion is most commonly performed on the face, neck, and chest, but may also be performed on the arms, hands, and back.
How does it work?
Microdermabrasion uses two modalities: exfoliation and suction. This exfoliation and suction process lifts and removes dead skin cells and debris from the skin/pores. It tightens and helps even out skin tone and texture. It can reduce blackheads and whiteheads, and can freshen and brighten the skin. It also can stimulate the skin to produce more collagen and elastin.
What to expect
- Microdermabrasion is a simple, easy, painless, non-invasive, skin rejuvenation treatment.
- The treatment includes the exfoliation procedure, cooling, calming masks, massage, and application of moisturizer and sunscreen.
- The procedure takes approximately 1 hour to complete.
- The skin may be slightly pink immediately following the treatment and you may potentially have a wind burn sensation that evening.*
- No recovery time is required after the treatment and most people immediately return to daily activity after their treatment.*
- The skin will be more sensitive to sun exposure, so an SPF of 50 or higher is required for a minimum of the first 2 weeks.
- Many clients see results after their first treatment, noticing better skin clarity, clearer pores, softer skin and reduced fine lines.*
Commonly Asked Questions
Microdermabrasion has been medically approved to help with many skin conditions. Microdermabrasion activates the collagen fibers in the skin through increased stimulation and circulation therefore enhancing skin appearance and texture. The thorough exfoliation improves and lightens hyperpigmentation (brown spots), helps rid skin of fine lines, improves the appearance of acne scarred skin, aids with the treatment of acne, and improves the appearance of new “pink” stretch marks. After a revitalizing microdermabrasion treatment the rejuvenated skin is visibly more healthy and vibrant.
Our client’s comfort is the top priority at Harmony Skin and Wellness Clinic. Although pain levels vary most find Microdermabrasion is not painful and requires no topical anesthesia. Your skin may feel a little hot and appear a little pink for the first day. Every effort is made to ensure a relaxing and comfortable treatment.
Investing in anti-aging treatments without also investing in the right at-home skin care regiment, is like going to the dentist for a cleaning and never brushing at home. Anti-aging and comprehensive skin care go hand in hand when trying to enhance your skin’s suppleness. At-home products help you heal faster, achieve results faster, and maintain your results longer. They work hand-in-hand with the exceptional skin rejuvenation and anti-aging treatments you receive at Harmony Skin and Wellness Clinic.
*Individual results will vary