PRP Injections create amazing and natural results, and are a great alternative to hyaluronic acid fillers. PRP is revolutionary because it uses your own platelet rich plasma to produce youthful looking skin. PRP can be used to reduce facial lines, add more volume to hollowed facial areas, and to create an overall brightening of your complexion. A small amount of blood is collected from the patient, which is put into a centrifuge which then divides components of the blood. The thickened serum that is produced consists of platelets and fibrin; this PRP is then injected back into the skin for facial rejuvenation. A release of growth factors from the platelets activates cell growth and collagen production, skin elasticity is improved and the ability to retain moisture is restored. PRP is sometimes referred to in the media and among clients as the “vampire facelift”. For clients interested in the most holistic approach and natural results, PRP is the gold standard.
- Fine Lines
- Poor Skin Texture
- Smile Lines
- Volume Loss
- Thin Lips
- Hollow eyes
What to expect:
- You will need to eat and drink fluids before your treatment.
- The certified technician will map out the injection areas to be treatment and a small amount of numbing agent will be injected. The treatment does burn slightly but the sensation will only last a few seconds.*
- The treatment involves a blood draw and several injections into the area to be treated. Some clients experience minimal discomfort and bruising as well as swelling that can last approximately 24 to 48 hours.*
- This treatment shows improving results gradually over 12 weeks so there will not be an enormous change overnight.* Skin will look more luminous and hollow areas under the eyes and in the mid face will resolve.*
- This treatment is safe and has no chance for allergic reaction or lumps or bumps to smooth.*
- If bruising occurs, it can last 5 to 7 days and swelling can last 2 to 3 days after the procedure.*
When considering these procedures please be sure to schedule 4-6 weeks prior to any special event or extended travel plans.
Commonly Asked Questions
PRP is being used all over the world to treat orthopedic conditions, however our practice specializes in using PRP aesthetically. Places that can be treated include the face, neck, chest, and hands We also now use PRP to regenerate hair for those experiencing hair loss. .
Full results with PRP injections take about 6 weeks to become noticable depending on the condition of your skin and your lifestyle. PRP works by stimulating your natural collagen to rebuild and regenerate which means there is a gradual result over time. For people worried about looking like they had work done, PRP is a fantastic option because it stimulates your body’s collagen to reproduce in a natural and gradual way. More than one treatment will be necessary if the skin is mature.
PRP works by regenerating collagen which can create results that last up to 18 months. Having a healthy diet and lifestyle, as well as having an excellent skin care regemine can help results last longer and be more effective.
Unlike other fat-reduction procedures, UltraShape does not use heat or freeze fat. UltraShape treatments are very comfortable and show no visible signs of treatment. Plus, with UltraShape , you get measurable, visible results as early as 2 weeks.
Investing in anti-aging treatments without also investing in the right at-home skin care regiment, is like going to the dentist for a cleaning and never brushing at home. Anti-aging and comprehensive skin care go hand in hand when trying to enhance your skin’s suppleness. At-home products help you heal faster, achieve results faster, and maintain your results longer. They work hand-in-hand with the exceptional skin rejuvenation and anti-aging treatments you receive at Harmony Skin and Wellness Clinic.
*Individual results will vary