The Golden Mask treatment creates instant restoration to the skin by using PRP as a topical mask. The name is derived from the type of PRP that is applied. While many PRP treatments are the color of blood (red), our system allows for the preparation of pure Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) with optimal platelet concentrations and cellular content. Virtually, all Red Blood Cells (RBC) are eliminated from PRP and the concentration of pro-inflammatory Granulocytes (GRs) is reduced, leaving behind a potent golden-colored elixir that feeds the skin nutrients.
The Golden Mask treatment harnesses the healing power of platelets and growth factors from your own blood to stimulate collagen production and skin regeneration. The treatment can help slow and reverse the signs of aging.
Often rather than a stand-alone treatment, The Golden Mask is used in addition to Microneedling and Sublative lasers, such as the CO2 laser treatment. When used in combination with other services clients notice enhanced results as well reduced healing times.
Within a few weeks of treatment, an overall improvement in skin hydration, texture and tone can be seen. New collagen and blood vessels begin to grow after three to six weeks, and reduction of fine lines and wrinkles and volume correction happens over the next three to six months.
- Fine line and wrinkles
- Dull complexion
- Dehydrated skin
- Pigment discoloration
- Acne scarring
What to expect
- Treatment is simple and takes approximately 60 minutes. It is a nonsurgical treatment and has little or no recovery time.
- The process involves a small blood draw performed by a nurse RN. The blood is then taken and spun in a centrifuge for minutes while the patient comfortably reclines and waits.
- When the PRP is ready it is painted onto the face and left on to be fully absorbed into the skin.
- If using in combination with another service such as microneedling or lasers, the PRP is painted on immediately following the laser treatment, or painted onto the skin and microneedled in during the microneedling session.
- Most people are able to go about normal activities after The Golden Mask treatment because there is no red staining.
- A follow-up appointment may be scheduled to check results.
- This treatment is safe and has no chance for allergic reaction or lumps or bumps to smooth.*
When considering these procedures please be sure to schedule 4-6 weeks prior to any special event or extended travel plans.
Commonly Asked Questions
PRP is an effective treatment and results can be experienced even after a single session. For acne scarring, or damaged skin a series of three treatments in combination with either sublative lasers, or microneedling may be recommended for optimal results.
The effects of Cosmetic PRP can last 12 months to two years, depending on the individual. While it creates a longer-lasting effect in the skin, it does take time to work. For women looking for an immediate effect, Cosmetic PRP can be combined with hyaluronic acid fillers for quick volume correction. Fillers provide a matrix for building new collagen and can be used to accelerate and sustain the benefits of Cosmetic PRP.
Products are an essential part of post-care for procedures and certain procedures require the use of specialized products in order to help the skin heal without irritation. Investing in anti-aging treatments without also investing in the right at-home skin care regiment, is like going to the dentist for a cleaning and never brushing at home. Anti-aging and comprehensive skin care go hand in hand when trying to enhance your skin’s suppleness. At-home products help you heal faster, achieve results faster, and maintain your results longer. They work hand-in-hand with the exceptional skin rejuvenation and anti-aging treatments you receive at Harmony Skin and Wellness Clinic.
*Individual results will vary