Dermal Fillers is a term used to describe Hyaluronic Acid compounds that restore volume to areas of depletion in the face. The beauty of these products are that they replace the Hyaluronic Acid your body naturally loses in one teaspoon a year once you are in your 20’s. After being placed in the dermis HA’s attract water which creates a plumping effect that can fill in hollowed area’s, deep wrinkles, and even scars. There are a wide variety of dermal filler products available. Each product has a unique molecular structure and is best suited for specific treatments. Our expert injectors have advanced training and years of experience to know how to use each product to provide you the best possible outcome.
- Juvederm® XC
- Voluma™ XC
- Restylane® Lyft
- Restylane® Refyne
- Restylane® Defyne
- Smile Lines
- Thin Lips
- Volume Loss
- Folds & Deep Folds
- Aging Hands
What To Expect
- Treatment is simple and takes approximately 60 minutes. It is a nonsurgical treatment and has little or no recovery time.* Using a fine needle, our injection specialist will inject dermal fillers in desired treatment areas.
- Services are performed in our safe and comfortable environment and typically with one 60-minute treatment, a few tiny injections will allow you to see results within days and you may also see improved results over time.*
- Our Registered Nurse Injection Specialists administer injections.
- Individual results vary because dermal fillers contours to your unique facial structure.
- Most people are able to go about normal activities after an injection.* Recovery time can depend on the type of dermal filler used and occasionally minor bruising can result from the initial treatment but should resolve in one week to ten days.* Your injection specialist can discuss ways to prevent bruising and can also provide treatment to speed healing should any bruising occur.*
- A follow-up appointment may be scheduled 2 weeks later to check your results and your next treatment may be scheduled approximately 6 to 8 months later depending on the filler used and your own unique needs.*
When considering these procedures please be sure to schedule 4-6 weeks prior to any special event or extended travel plans.
Commonly Asked Questions
Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance found in the body that helps to hydrate and add volume to our skin. Natural hyaluronic acid is broken down by the body in one or two days so is constantly replaced. As we age this replacement mechanism diminishes so the moisturising and plumping effects of hyaluronic acid decrease.
Yes, the aesthetic results are immediate. You’ll see the results as soon as your appointment is over and no one else needs to know because you will still look like yourself, just a more youthful and well rested self.
While this varies from person to person we find that most people feel comfortable getting right back to their normal routine. Using oral homeopathic Arnica Montana tablets a few days before and after your appointment will help minimize any bruising and swelling that may occur. As always, it is best to listen to your body and do what you feel most comfortable with.
One of the great advantages of dermal fillers is that the effects are long lasting but not permanent as hyaluronic acid is naturally absorbed back into the body gradually. The length of the treatment depends on a number of factors including
- The area you have had treated
- Quantity and type of dermal filler injected
- Quality of skin
*Individual results will vary