Many people have unwanted hair in various places on their bodies and are tired of the constant routine of shaving or waxing. Our hair removal by laser system is the safest, most effective approach to hair removal. Laser hair removal is also a very effective treatment for razor rash, bumps, ingrown hair and/or folliculitis. It is commonly used to treat the excess hair growth caused by PCOS or other conditions. A common reaction to receiving Laser Hair Removal is “ Why didn’t I do this sooner?!”
- Unwanted Hair
- Razor Rash/bumps
- Ingrown Hair
- Candela GentleLase®
- Cynosure Elite® YAG laser
Which Areas Can Be Treated?
- Almost every part of the body may be treated for unwanted hair with the exception being eyebrows. Feel free to discuss your needs with a Harmony Skin and Wellness specialist.
- Laser hair removal for women is typically completed to remove facial hair, unwanted hair on the underarms, legs and bikini line.
- Laser hair removal for men is very common. Typically the areas of the shoulders, back, chest and between the eyebrows are treated.
What to expect:
- A test area may be done prior to the first treatment. Your full treatment may be done the same day or up 2 weeks later, depending on how your skin reacts.*
- When treating facial hair and bikini area hair, the treatment is typically completed in just a few minutes; legs and larger areas may take longer.
- A light spray of coolant on the skin will be felt just before each laser pulse. Most clients experience very little discomfort at the treatment site because of the dynamic cooling device.* You may request a topical anesthetic, based on your individual preferences or tolerances.
- The side-effects of laser hair removal are minimal.* Often times after the treatment the area treated may become pink or red within 30 minutes of having the treatment.* This is not unusual and may last from a few hours to several days and can be relieved with the application of ice or cooling gels.*
- There is no expected downtime after having this procedure.*
Commonly Asked Questions
We can treat all skin colors and hair types. Laser hair removal is less effective on clients with red, blonde or grey hair, so we recommend that you come in for a consultation so that we can give you an accurate idea of what results you can expect.
Hair follicles transition through active and dormant stages and only about 30-50% of your hair is actively growing at any given time. With each treatment, we will cover the entire skin surface, but only those follicles that are “active” will be impacted. When a follicle is dormant, the laser light cannot be absorbed, and the follicle is left undamaged. We customize your treatment plan to ensure that we are matching your hair growth cycles and ensuring the best results possible for you.
The average number of treatments needed to achieve 70-90% permanent hair removal is about 8-12. This number varies from person to person and among body parts. Our pricing is structured specifically so that you can receive all of the treatments you need to reach your full result, plus any touch-ups necessary to catch those stray hairs.
The average person can expect 70-90% permanent reduction from laser hair removal treatments. This varies from person to person and between body areas. At your initial consultation, we will give you an accurate idea of what you can expect.
*Individual results will vary