The Melanage Skin Lightening System is most commonly used to treat stubborn pigmentation and melasma also known as the ‘Mask of Pregnancy’. It will also help improve skin tone and texture, and fine lines. This treatment leaves our clients with clearer, more beautiful, glowing skin.
- Sun Spots
- Poor Skin Texture
What areas can be treated:
The Full Melanage Skin Lightening treatment can be used on the face. The Melanage Mini may be used on the neck or chest.
What to expect:
- The masque is applied during an office visit where it is freshly compounded to ensure its potency and reliability. The white masque remains on the skin for 5, 8 or 10 hours, depending on the skin type.*
- The client removes the masque at home after the required length of time prescribed by the technician.
- There is an easy-to-follow, but strict, at-home regimen included with the treatment. It will include everything needed to care for your skin in the following weeks.
- The full Melanage peel may only be required every 12 months.* The Mini Melanage™ may require a series of 4 treatments that will be scheduled 3 weeks apart.*
- Most but not all patients experience peeling skin after the treatment.* Peeling generally starts on day 2 or 3 and is at its worst for the first 3 days.*
- Your skin may feel tight and dry, similar to a sunburn, but it is not painful.* Redness may be present for 1 to 2 weeks.*
- You will want to avoid heat and sun exposure after your treatment. In the future it is important to use sunblock and re-apply every 2 hours while in the sun.
- There will be a significant improvement in the appearance of pigmented areas. Dark spots will lighten and skin texture and tone will improve.*
Commonly Asked Questions
The Melanage Peel uses two ingredients, retinoid and Arbutin to penetrate the skin and treat discoloration of the skin while speeding up cell turnover. It involves a medicated masque and an at-home treatment regimen.
There is not a burning or stinging sensation while the mask is on. It may however feel a little tight and dry similar to a sunburn afterwards. There are products to help eliminate any discomfort.
Investing in anti-aging treatments without also investing in the right at-home skin care regiment, is like going to the dentist for a cleaning and never brushing at home.. Anti-aging and comprehensive skin care go hand in hand when trying to enhance your skin’s suppleness. At-home products help you heal faster, achieve results faster, and maintain your results longer. They work hand-in-hand with the exceptional skin rejuvenation and anti-aging treatments you receive at Harmony Skin and Wellness Clinic.
Harmony Skin and Wellness Clinic values your commitment to younger, healthier looking skin. We want your investment with Harmony to offer you the best results possible. Because of that we offer each of our anti-aging clients a complimentary Skin Health Analysis.Usually if you are concerned about wrinkles, there are other factors contributing to your frustrations that you may not have considered. There may be things like laser skin rejuvenation that can dramatically add to the youthfulness you are looking for.
During your Skin Health Analysis, your esthetician will use the Visia imaging system to conduct an in-depth analysis of your skin. You will see a computerized image detailing your hydration, your pigmentation, the bacteria on your skin, your pore size, the location and depth of your wrinkles and even your lash length. Then we will put together a 6 month plan for you that addresses correction and prevention, in order to ensure you always look the age you feel, not the age you are.
*Individual results will vary