An alternative to microdermabrasion and a great treatment for those with sensitive skin and/or peach fuzz. Dermaplaning is the process of using a sterile surgical blade to gently exfoliate and eliminate surface layers of dead skin cells and unwanted vellus hair (peach fuzz). At Harmony Skin and Wellness Clinic our dermaplaning includes a therapeutic mask to calm, hydrate, and rejuvenate the skin. We also include eye and lip pads for enhanced hydration along with your choice of aromatherapy oil for the massage of your arms, hands, shoulders, neck and scalp.
Combines the benefits of both dermaplaning and an aesthetic grade peel for a deeper treatment. Our esthetician will recommend the level of peel needed based on your skin needs.
*Suitable for all skin types
- Unwanted Hair
- Dry Skin
- Poor Skin Texture
What areas can be treated:
The Dermaplaning procedure can be performed on any part of the face.
How Does It Work?
Our experienced specialists delicately exfoliate your skin, removing the fine hair commonly referred to as “peach fuzz”, producing a smooth texture and an appearance of fresh skin.
What to expect:
- Dermaplaning is a simple, easy, painless, non-invasive manual skin exfoliation treatment.
- Treatment includes cleansing and preparing the skin for the manual exfoliation process. Then an anti aging eye treatment, moisturizer and sun block are applied.
- The skin being treated should be clean, free of makeup, lotions, perfumes, etc. The dermaplaning treatment takes approximately 30 – 45 minutes depending on the area being treated.
- This treatment can be performed at any time of the year on all skin types and there is no discomfort with this treatment.
- Normal activities may be resumed immediately.
- The skin will be more sensitive to sun exposure, so an SPF of 50 or higher is required for a minimum of the first 2 weeks.
- Many clients see results after their first treatment, noticing better skin clarity, clearer pores, softer skin and reduced fine lines.*
Commonly Asked Questions
The answer is NO. There are two types of hair on the human body, terminal and vellus hair. Terminal hairs are the thick pigmented hairs that grow by the influence of hormones (legs, armpits, scalp, pubic area, etc). Vellus hairs are fine translucent hairs usually found on a woman’s face, back or chest. Unlike terminal hairs, when vellus hairs are cut they grow back with the same thickness and length as before, only with a blunt tip and are expected to return in approximately two to four weeks post procedure. Removal vellus hair and dead skin cells allows for the proper penetration of other facial products, increasing their efficacy and ultimately their results.
Dermaplaning removes about 2-3 weeks of dead skin cells, so in order for your skin to complete it’s normal skin cycle,approximately 30 days, the treatments should be done about once a month.
Investing in anti-aging treatments without also investing in the right at-home skin care regiment, is like going to the dentist for a cleaning and never brushing at home. Anti-aging and comprehensive skin care go hand in hand when trying to enhance your skin’s suppleness. At-home products help you heal faster, achieve results faster, and maintain your results longer. They work hand-in-hand with the exceptional skin rejuvenation and anti-aging treatments you receive at Harmony Skin and Wellness Clinic.
*Individual results will vary