Exfoliation is the key to luminous skin and improved cellular turnover. At Harmony Skin and Wellness Clinic we offer aesthetic grade peels with glycolic acid, salicylic acid, alpha and beta hydroxy acids to help improve the overall tone and texture of your skin. To increase the efficacy of the treatment you can add on a pre-treat Microdermabrasion™ for deeper exfoliation and penetration of the peel. Please discuss with your esthetician to see if this is right for your skin.
A very mild peel for these skin types: Dry, Sensitive, Normal, Combination and Oily types of skin. Good for Rosacea or Perioral Dermatitis. A great peel for clients new to peels. Improve dullness by exfoliating surface cells, softens and smooths the skin’s surface texture.
Anti-aging peel made from various fruit acids. Evens skin tone and brightens dull, dry skin. Improves texture and softens the appearance of fine lines. Stimulates cell renewal and improves signs of aging skin.
For those who have oily, blemished skin, and/or large pores. Effective in the control of acne breakouts by helping to diminish excess sebum. Stimulates cell renewal and kills bacteria.
This peel will cause “frosting” of the skin with peeling approximately 2 to 4 days. You can do 1 per month but it is recommended to do a series of other peels first to acclimate the skin to handle stronger peels. May be a layered peel.
The strongest peel we offer! Also causes “frosting” of the skin, more intense than the TCA. Recommended to do a series of other peels first to acclimate the skin to handle stronger peels. May be a layered peel.*Suitable for all skin types
- Acne Scars
- Fine Lines
- Large Pores
- Poor Skin Texture
- Uneven Skin Tones
What Areas Can Be Treated?
Each of our chemical peels may be used for treating your face, neck, back or décolleté
How does it work?
- The Glycolic Peel is an anti-aging peel that stimulates collagen and improves the appearance of aged or damaged skin. It uses various Fruit Acids, Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA), and Glycolic Acid.
- The Salicylic Peel works well for oily or acne prone skin and large pores, and aids in killing acne bacteria. The Salicylic Peel uses Beta Hydroxy Acid and Salicylic Acid
- Both of these treatments break down the inner cellular glue that holds the dead skin cells together, speeding up cell turnover and killing the bacteria that causes acne.
What to expect
- Prior to your peel treatment, you will need to come in for a consult and a peel test.
- Treatment times vary between 30 and 45 minutes depending on the type of peel you are receiving.
- On the day of your peel, the esthetician will cleanse your skin and apply the peel that is best for your skin and your particular condition.
- You may feel a warm stinging sensation that lasts only a moment before it is neutralized and rinsed off.
- Some peels may be followed with a soothing mask and moisturizer appropriate for your skin type as well as sunscreen.
- Each person’s skin is different and reacts differently, but most clients experience flaking or peeling of the skin that may last 5 to 7 days.*
- You may repeat treatment every 2 to 4 weeks depending on desired results.*
- You may notice an improvement in skin tone and texture as well as less congestion and overall improved skin clarity.*
When considering these procedures please be sure to schedule 4-6 weeks prior to any special event or extended travel plans.
Commonly Asked Questions
At Harmony Skin and Wellness Clinic we pride ourselves on providing skin care products and treatments that make a real difference in your skin. Skin Peels are an excellent protocol that nearly all skin types benefit from. They go beyond a traditional facial to penetrate the deeper layers of the skin and to resurface the skin gradually. Peels can also make your skin—and skin-care products—work better. In minutes, acids lift away dead cells and as the topmost layer is shed, signals are sent to the living cells below to multiply and move up, which increases collagen and hyaluronic acid production. Peels also result in smoother skin that’s both more radiant and more receptive to topical products.
Peels can result in an immediate result such as a healthy glow and softer skin. However with regular treatments, and proper home care, you can experience dramatic results over time such as; softer, smoother skin, complexion enhancement, and even skin tone.
Investing in anti-aging treatments without also investing in the right at-home skin care regiment, is like going to the dentist for a cleaning and never brushing at home. Anti-aging and comprehensive skin care go hand in hand when trying to enhance your skin’s suppleness. At-home products help you heal faster, achieve results faster, and maintain your results longer. They work hand-in-hand with the exceptional skin rejuvenation and anti-aging treatments you receive at Harmony Skin and Wellness Clinic.
*Individual results will vary