The Ultherapy® procedure, for lifting and toning loose, lax skin without surgery,is a safe and simple process, the Ultherapy system is the ONLY non-invasive technology that is FDA-approved to help lift skin on the chest, neck, lower chin area, full face or brow area – in a single treatment with NO patient downtime.
Non-surgical Ultherapy is unlike any other anti-aging option because it uses safe and effective ultrasound technology to stimulate the deep structural support layers of the skin – even those addressed in a surgical facelift. Yet, unlike a traditional facelift, the surface of the skin is unharmed in the process. The results are both corrective and preventative, making it an excellent treatment for every decade of your life.
- Loose Skin
- Crow’s Feet
- Lowered Brow Line
What Areas Can Be Treated?
Ultherapy can be used on the face and neck areas specifically:
- The jowls of lower face – can result in a sleek more defined jaw line.
- The cheeks – sagging skin can be tightened and lifted, improves nasal labial folds.
- The forehead – giving the appearance of an eye lift.
- The eyes, upper and lower lid – diminishes sagging lids and bags under eyes.
- The neck area – tightening turkey neck.
- Décolletage – gradually smooths chest wrinkles resulting in a smoother younger looking chest.
How Does It Work?
Ultherapy delivers ultrasound energy into the deep layer of the skin and muscle, heating the tissue. This stimulates new collagen and elastin production to lift, tighten and tone loose skin counteracting the effects of time and gravity. The resulting effect is firmer and younger looking skin without the cutting, expense or downtime of plastic surgery.
Click here for more on how Ultherapy works.
What To Expect
- An Ultherapy treatment takes between 20 and 90 minutes depending on the area(s) that are being treated.
- While comfort thresholds vary from patient to patient, most patients report that the procedure is quite tolerable. Most patients are more comfortable if they take 800mg of Ibuprofen an hour before the procedure. If and when any discomfort does occur, it happens while the ultrasound energy is being delivered. This sensation is temporary and is a positive signal that the collagen-building process has been initiated.
- Many patients only need one treatment in order to see significant skin tightening*.
- The regenerative process begins with treatment and the full effect of muscle and skin tightening is seen in 4-6 months*.
- Individual results vary depending on skin type and the area treated, consult with one of our technicians for more information on what you can expect*.
- Immediately after the treatment, you will be red for a few hours. You may be swollen and slightly tender in the treated area(s) for a few days*.
- This is considered a no downtime procedure and you may return to normal activities immediately and makeup can be applied immediately*.
- Improvements appear over time resulting in a dramatic yet natural-looking transformation*.
When considering these procedures please be sure to schedule 4-6 weeks prior to any special event or extended travel plans.
Commonly Asked Questions
Ultherapy is currently the only cosmetic procedure out there that uses ultrasound imaging as part of the treatment process. Allowing us to see the different layers of tissue that we are targeting assures that the energy is being distributed into the areas that will be most effective.
Ultherapy is truly a revolutionary technology creating the results of a mini-facelift without any downtime. You could have your procedure and go out the next day. Because Ultherapy is works at the deepest layers of the muscle the results develop gradually over the course of several months. For those not wanting to appear as though they have had any aesthetic enhancements, this is an excellent option.
Patients who have had the procedure done continue to have tighter, lifted skin a year after the treatment. However, due to the natural process of aging, future touch-up treatments may be needed.
The number of treatments needed depends on how much laxity an individual has and how each patient’s body responds to the collagen-building process. On average, most patients only require one treatment.
*Individual results will vary