Microneedling is one of the hottest growing procedures in the US, due to its efficacy and safety. Microneedling works by using a fractional technology that smooths, tightens and rejuvenates the skin. Our newest device the SkinPen™ Precision features the most advanced microneedling cartridge technology on the market today, which optimizes both the experience and results for the patients. The treatments stimulate your skin’s natural ability to produce new collagen and elastin for healthier, younger looking skin.* Microneedling is often performed in a series of monthly treatments; the procedure is effective in helping reduce fine lines and wrinkles, minimizing pore size, keloid, surgical and acne scars.*
- Large Pores
- Fine Lines and Wrinkles
- Acne Scars
- Loose Skin
- Uneven Skin Tones and Sun Spots
- Surgical Scars
What Areas Can Be Treated?
Microneedling is extremely versatile and can be used on all parts of the body including the face, neck, décolleté, arms, hands, legs, abdomen and back. The lightweight and ergonomic design allows treatment of very small areas such as the sides of the nose and below and above the eyes.
How Does It Work?
Harmony utilizes the SkinPen™ Precision, regarded as the leading device for microneedling on the market today. It is an incredibly advanced skin Microneedling device that is considered a collagen induction method. The micro-injuries caused by the needles stimulate the body’s natural collagen and elastin production. The process harnesses the body’s natural ability to heal and repair itself, thus providing very natural results.* Microneedling can be combined with existing treatments such as PRP or laser therapies, and it is an excellent procedure used to maintain results from more invasive laser treatments.
What To Expect
- The skin being treated should be clean, free of makeup, lotions, perfumes, etc.
- A thin layer of serum is applied to the skin and the appropriate treatment is selected for a particular skin type. The device is glided across your skin, creating thousands of tiny holes in the surface of your skin.
- A topical numbing agent will be used to increase comfort. The unique design of SkinPen™ allows for individualized settings which makes the treatment quite comfortable for most patients.*
- A Microneedling treatment can takes approximately 1 hour depending on the area being treated. The treatment can be performed at anytime of the year on all skin types and textures.
- There is virtually no downtime.* Immediately following the treatments, you will notice a healthy pink glow and some mild swelling.* Total healing time depends on the severity of the damaged skin and the depth of the treatment.* On average clients are pink for two to four days.*
- Sunscreen must be worn and makeup may be applied 24 hours post treatment. It is recommended to use only a mineral makeup and it is critical that the brushes used to apply your makeup are clean and sanitary. Your provider can recommend these products.
- Most people notice healthier looking skin immediately and the repair process continues on for several weeks.* Dermal collagen production continues to improve for up to six months after your final treatment, producing a softer, smoother and more plump appearance.*
- Your provider will recommend the number of treatments you can expect to successfully treat the condition you are concerned with. Once you achieve your desired results, Microneedling is excellent for maintaining the new softer, more youthful appearance of your skin.*
When considering these procedures please be sure to schedule 4-6 weeks prior to any special event or extended travel plans.
Commonly Asked Questions
Microneedling has very little downtime. Your skin may become red and there is slight inflammation which disappears within 24 hours. Depending on the depth of your treatment your skin may be pink and slightly peel for 2-4 days post treatment. Mineral based makeup can be applied within 24 hours.
Yes! Microneedling is considered a safe and effective treatment for all skin colors and does not produce post inflammatory hyperpigmentation.
Microneedling is safe for all skin types because the epidermis is not damaged throughout the treatment. Microneedling is excellent for treating sensitive areas that can otherwise be difficult to address, such as around the eyes, the neck, and the backs of hands. Call for a free consultation to find out what treatment is best for your skin care needs!
At Harmony Skin and Wellness Clinic we empower our clients to have the healthiest skin possible. As a way of enhancing your treatment PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) can be incorporated with the microneedling directly into wrinkles, acne scars, and areas of discoloration. Using PRP with microneedling can produce a “wow” result for clients, and decreases healing time, stimulates collagen production, and enhances the health of the skin.
*Individual results will vary