The Matrix CO2 Fractional Laser Therapy helps minimize wrinkles, sun damage, discoloration, and scarring all while helping increase collagen production through its revolutionary fractionated CO2 technology. Unlike traditional CO2 laser resurfacing, the Matrix CO2laser resurfacing has more manageable downtime and manageable sensation during the treatment. This is an effective treatment for both men and women and excellent results can be obtained in as little as one or two treatments.*
- Acne Scars
- Frown Lines
- Crow’s Feet
- Fine Lines
- Large Pores
- Loose Skin
- Poor Skin Texture
- Smile Lines
- Surgical Scars
- Uneven Skin tones
How Does It Work?
The high speed UltraFine Fractional scanner will direct a grid pattern of tiny pulses of light called MicroAblative Columns (MACs) at the skin. Each MAC delivers a column of energy that can reach the skins dermal layer while preserving the untreated skin in between the columns. This process promotes rapid healing and stimulates a natural renewal process of the body’s own collagen.
What Areas Can Be Treated?
- The Matrix CO2 Laser Skin Resurfacing can be performed on numerous areas of the body including the face, neck, chest, hands, arms and abdomen.
What To Expect
- In most cases the actual laser treatment time takes less than 30 minutes, but the time will depend on the area(s) of the body being treated.
- The treatment has minimal discomfort with the use of a topical anesthetic and there are fewer side effects.
- 1 to 2 treatments are usually needed. If you do need 2 treatments, the second one will need to be performed at least 8 weeks after the initial treatment.*
- Immediately after the treatment, your skin will feel warm but ice packs and cool wash cloths are helpful and will also reduce swelling.*
- Harmony Laser Center has put together a skin care kit that includes cleanser, moisturizing barrier protection cream, sun block, and pillow protectors, all to be used post treatment.*
- Downtime is much less than traditional CO2 resurfacing. You can expect some possible pinpoint bleeding for the first day as well as redness and swelling which can last from 4 to 7 days.*
When considering these procedures please be sure to schedule 4-6 weeks prior to any special event or extended travel plans.
Commonly Asked Questions
Anesthetic ointments and cooling devices are used to reduce discomfort during and after the procedure; treatment sensations vary from person to person. As tiny pulses of energy are delivered into the skin, most clients will experience a warm, sharp feeling and immediate tightening of the skin.
Many people consider even just one CO2 treatment a way of aging backwards. Because of the total resurfacing that occurs during the treatment many people feel as though they have lost a decade of skin damage, wrinkles, and laxity. With continued care and a healthy skin regimen that includes facials, products, and sun protection, the ongoing benefits from CO2 can last up to a decade. It is generally regarded that having one CO2 every ten years after the age of 35 will prevent many of the tell-tale signs of visible aging.
Many people who wish to receive a CO2 plan for it well in advance in order to create time in their schedule to have it performed. Generally two days of recovery time is necessary, with the skin being able to have mineral based make-up (an approved brand will be recommended) applied on the third day. The skin may look sunburned, or over-tanned during the initial 3-5 day period. Although there is a small amount of time required to heal, most patients find their skin is more luminous and dewy then they’ve ever experienced by the second to third week. In addition, adding a golden PRP mask or injections to your treatment will help reduce redness and speed healing times for most.
At Harmony Skin and Wellness Clinic we love to help clients achieve the skin they have always dreamed of. We strongly urge that clients who are receiving a full face CO2 also incorporate their neck and décolleté in order to preserve the integrity and appearance of their neck and chest as well. If you have ever worn a makeup shade on your face that doesn’t match your neck you understand how strange it can look. Sometimes women take great care of their facial skin and leave their neck and décolleté behind. In order to ensure that a person doesn’t look flawless from only the neck up, we recommend taking care of the more delicate areas as well.
*Individual results will vary