Fractional laser resurfacing is a cutting edge tool used to renew aging and sun damaged skin. The Affirm is so remarkable in its results that it changes the science and art of cosmetic surgery. This revolutionary technology nonablatively rejuvenates skin with little to no downtime! Because the Affirm Fractional Laser is nonablative no tissue is vaporized during the treatment, however like a CO2 Fractional laser, the skin is stimulated very deeply in order to stimulate collagen production and skin tightening.
- Acne Scars
- Frown Lines
- Crow’s Feet
- Fine Lines
- Large Pores
- Loose Skin
- Poor Skin texture
- Smile Lines
- Surgical Scars
- Uneven Skin tones
Which Areas Can Be Treated?
- The Affirm Fractional Laser can be used on the face, neck, and chest.
How Does It Work?
The Affirm laser intensively creates a micro-thermal treatment zone while leaving surrounding healthy tissue unaffected. Additionally, the growth of new collagen is initiated, which helps replace old, problem tissue with new, firmer skin on the face, neck, chest, arms and hands. Unlike other fractional lasers, Affirm uses two distinct wavelengths or colors of light to penetrate very deeply, which provides deep collagen heating and tissue tightening.
What To Expect
- No oral medications are needed. Application of a topical anesthetic is applied at Harmony Laser Center one hour prior to your treatment time.
- For an Affirm™ treatment, you can expect to be at the office for ½ hour to 1 hour.
- For optimum benefits, 3 to 6 treatments are required over the course of 3 to 6 months.
- Heat may remain in the skin for 1 hour, mild redness and some epidermal swelling can be present immediately post treatment.*
- Within about a week, you may see the first signs of skin rejuvenation, with noticeable improvements at around 2 months.*
- During the course of your treatment, and for at least 3 months following your final procedure, you should be conscientious to use a sunscreen of SPF 30 or higher.
- You can continue to wear cosmetics during the time between treatments. We do recommend mineral based powder makeups.
When considering these procedures please be sure to schedule 4-6 weeks prior to any special event or extended travel plans.
Commonly Asked Questions
The Affirm is one of the best laser’s for all skin types and poses very little risks and downtime. If your skin is showing signs of aging, then you are a candidate for this laser treatment. Set up a Free Consultation with Harmony Skin and Wellness Clinic and we can help you determine your specific needs.
Results vary with each case. Patients may require anywhere from 3 – 6 treatments to achieve optimal desired results. Each session will last from 15 to 20 minutes.
Our Physicians Assistants, Nurses, and Master Estheticians have extensive training from nationally accredited institutes . All of our laser technicians have a minimum of 300 hours of hands-on laser training prior to treating our clients, and most have a decade or more of experience. Harmony also conducts annual trainings to ensure that our employees are staying on top of new advances in the industry. For eighteen years we have been providing our clients with an exceptional experience every time they come to visit us.
*Individual results will vary