Our comprehensive nail fungus laser treatment uses the CynosureElite™ YAG Laser, which heats the nail plate and kills the fungi that cause toenail and fingernail fungus or onychomycosis.
- Toenail Fungus
What Areas Can Be Treated?
- Laser nail therapy treats any toenail or fingernail with a fungal infection
How Does It Work?
When undergoing a laser toenail or fingernail fungus treatment, one of our trained technicians will apply a directed focused light source on to the toe or finger nail that is infected. The laser nail fungus treatment will target the fungal infection in the nail and the area below called the nail matrix. The YAG laser nail fungus treatment destroys the fungal infection because of the specific wavelength used by the laser nail fungus treatment; it targets only the living fungi and does not damage any of the surrounding tissue. Success is enhanced by treating all 10 toenails or fingernails to avoid reinfection due to surrounding fungus.*
What To Expect
- This treatment feels like heat on the nail plate and goes away as soon as the laser stops.
- The treatment takes just 15 minutes and is pain free, with no anesthesia needed.*
- Generally 3 treatments are required every four weeks.*
- Within 9 to 12 months after treatment, a new, non-infected toenail or fingernail grows out.*
- After each procedure, you are able to continue with your regular schedule.*
- You will need to keep your nails clean and dry and not apply any nail polish for 2 weeks.
- In some cases, we will ask you to treat at home in between your laser treatments with an over the counter antifungal cream.
Commonly Asked Questions
Fungi, including yeasts and molds, are typically the causes of nail infections, and most are caused by a group of fungi called dermatophytes. The most common fungi that cause nail infection disease in animals and humans are Trichophyton rubrum, Trichophyton mentagrophytes, and Candida albicans. These fungi can live in the layer of dead skin around your nails, in the space under your nail, and in the nail itself.
- Make sure you remove all the nail polish and nail decorations the day before your treatment.
- Wear comfortable clothes that can easily be rolled up.
- Bring a clean pair of socks to change into after your laser nail treatment appointment.
- Thin all affected nails down as much as you can.
Our Physicians Assistants, Nurses, and Master Estheticians have extensive training from nationally accredited institutes . All of our laser technicians have a minimum of 300 hours of hands-on laser training prior to treating our clients, and most have a decade or more of experience. Harmony also conducts annual trainings to ensure that our employees are staying on top of new advances in the industry. For eighteen years we have been providing our clients with an exceptional experience every time they come to visit us.
*Individual results will vary